So I casted on this sweater in February 2016. Can’t believe it. Thanks Ravelry for keeping tracks.
I started this as a quick, easy sweater. I had previously completed one with the same yarn and pattern in just 10 days, you can see it here.
But for some reason, this one took me a very long time.
Mostly because I decided to make it a bit longer and add some ease for my hips.
Then I tried the sleeves over and over, but it was always way to loose. Original idea was to have long sleeves, then cut the middle to have a cardigan.
I gave up on long sleeves, I think raglan patterns don’t really work for flattering sleeves, and I improvised some ribs instead.
It’s not perfect. It’s actually rather bumpy. And I had to sew in a lot of ends, as I used a lot of small leftover balls of yarn. The dark one are from this shawl. Funny enough, I still have some yarn left.
I’m really pleased with the final result, it’s wearable, and that’s all I could have asked for. Sure next time I’ll have to figure out a better way to do stripes in the round and such. But I’m letting go of my perfectionism and actually finishing projects, so it’s all good.