3KCBWDAY6 improving your skillset
I’ve been knitting since I was 7 years-old, alterning intense knittings periods to completely forgeting my needles.
Each time I would move house or get a new job, I would buy knitting needles and yarn, watch confusing videos on youtube, and then drop it.
Last year I decided to knit again, but found out that everything I thought I knew was technically wrong.
I have always been messing right for left, and though my knitting technique was rather unique, the result was pretty ugly.
And then I could not get it out of my head.
I learned cables, and I love them to death.
I learnt lace and a lot of funny stitches.
And I started knitting for babies.
(So tiny, so cute, so addictive. wonderful pattern here)
And I even got to learn crochet !
Crochet was always a nightmare to me, but after months of learning with this wonderful book, I’m starting to make things.
Well, I mean, trying to.
(it’s handmade, it’s black, it’s messy, and there are holes in it, so it qualifies for goth, right ?)
I bought circular needles, but still need to find a way to avoid breaking them.
I still have so much more to do :
- Improve my crochet skills and crochet myself a lovely summer cardigan like this one.
- Learn to knit socks !! I want my purple and teal socks !
- Try top-down patterns.
- Try to save the economy by buying yarn to little local companies such as Bellelaine and Fonty.
- Buy more yarn. As ravelers say, there’s no such thing as too much yarn.
- Get all the new Stitch n Bitch books.